We seemed to dodge the rain and had a pretty good session on the greenway today. We managed to get a fire going that needed little maintenance and allowed us to just get on with clearing.
Progress seemed slow as we cut back Hawthorn and Blackthorn trees that are so entwined within each other, but we pushed on up the bank. We also added to the log-pile that will be a fantastic host to all manor of mini-beasts as the wood starts to rot.
If you look at the next shot, you can see the challenge. Basically we need to clear off the growth on the ridge to the left of the narrow path, and then clear the scrub to the left again, so that the flower growth can grow on the bank and the ridge becomes the new path. This will mean that the original path can become flooded and attract the water-borne insect life that it does, without hindering walkers.
Lots to do and we really need some new volunteers to dig in and help out.
But all-in-all we know where we are going and what we need to do.