Today Mick, John and myself made it. We decided to not burn everything and instead, build a few piles of logs and brash, and also add to the hedging at the top of the clearing. We burnt off the really thin brash and just cleared, and cleared, and cleared…
This clearing is looking really good now. I think we can say that we are finished here and can move on to the other side of the bridge.
We had about three minutes of sunshine and it did look good as it hit the bank on the right.
The piles of brash are way off the path and will provide good habitat for a host of insects and spiders.
We just pulled as much as we could up the slippery banks and shoved it on top. In time the whole lot will drop down and be compact.
The hedging is not pretty, we simply don’t have time to make it so. But it acts as a great barrier and also is habitat for mammals and other wildlife.
Same place next week, but other side of the bridge pushing on.
I have changed the start time to 9:30 because I am struggling to get there for 9:15 after the school run.
Great day today!