We started on the section by Berrybanks today and started raking the chipped wood onto some sort of piles. I figured that this would create habitat for insects, whilst bearing the earth for wild flowers to grow.
A bit messy but better that it looked before. We also had the added complication of a blown down tree.
We stripped a lot of the smaller branches off today. We will need to saw it up next week.
The bluebell bulbs that Chris planted last year are starting to come up.
The first one to flower is pink! The others that are about to bloom look like they are blue.
This whole area will be a blue carpet of bluebells in a couple of years.
Great day today.